Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Iliveinabigcity.com

It's so big it has sculpture and very tired people.


Big buildings, gosh what is that one to the left of the middle?


I see now.

Well although I have had a car written off and a house ransacked I have not been as comprehensively done over as investors in South Canterbury Finance. This building is in my big city and I can imagine that it will soon be renamed or torn down or even more likely, turned into apartments.


My big citywhich is about to become a supercity although I am less sure of what that is. Perhaps something like the picture above, lots of glitz and BIGNESS and one old building left at the centre. A bit like a caramel in amongst more trendy ephemeral chocolate treats. Read about a campaign to save the St James theatre here in Norkland. It was a brilliant space and the Film Festival used to be held there. More recently I saw Gilliam Welch and Dave Rawlings and it was faded but still fabulous. Bring her back I say!

Cheers to General Store at 54 Customs Street who have a Happy Hour from 3-6pm on a Saturday. Roaring Meg and a stonkingly good time. Go there. They are very pleasant.

4 comments:

slaggybuttonit said...

That Herlad link's a bit dodgy, remove the extra "http//" to make it work.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it probably would have taken a lot longer for us to buy a house if it hadn't've been for South Canterbury Finance.

Also, don't forget that SCF investors are doing alright, you and I have bailed them out through the guarantee scheme.

Blue Chip investors, well, they're totally fucked.

Haszari said...

The people who are getting the brunt of this South Canterbury thing are listener readers (and current affairs TV viewers)! There are so many bloody articles about it, and of course with absolutely no conclusion, other than "he seems like a nice old geezer who everyone is standing by" & "there might be someone somewhere making unfair accusations".

Anyway, great blog post.

cherbrow said...

I like the sculpture and tired man and have no opinion about SCF.

Helen Back said...

Thanks Slag, got the link sorted now. I suppose that we are all SCF investors now.

Glad you like the post folks.