Saturday, April 23, 2011

Holiday trifecta



Anzac Day coincides with Easter Monday this year. This is the memorial in Takapuna which will be covered in wreaths tomorrow.

I don't have any war stories from my parents so I rely on Gaylene Preston's Home By Christmas and her other work to get a sense of what it may have been like. If you haven't seen that film, I recommend it. There will also be more of her work projected LARGE at the Auckland Museum.


In the meantime I will eat another Easter egg off the installation in the living room. The ones above are very pretty, solid china and plucked from a White Elephant stall.

But Easter is not all about chocolate and marshmallow is it? No - hot cross buns are also important. Ate some pappy supermarket special chocolate ones and they didn't really taste of anything and dissolved instantly. But Wild Wheat made some wonderful ones although I feel sure that the Number One Son probably made some beauties of his own to feed the rellies.

Got out and walked around the Centennial Track in Milford to shift some of the damage.


Try not to


about the past .

1 comment:

Haszari said...

I had to reread the sentence with "Milford" & "track" carefully, was pretty sure I hadn't heard you were off on any tramps.. :]