Saturday, August 28, 2010

Double whammy

Sometimes you get lucky. As I drove home from work last week another car, pursued by the police, crossed the centre line and smacked into me. I am fine but my car is not.


Timing could have been worse too, just around 5pm turning into West End Road with other commuters behind and in front. I was towed by GHL Recovery and Salvage and his wife gave me a lift home too. The panelbeaters at A1 Autofinish have her now. Haven't heard from the police although I did crack and phone Central to get a file number at about 10pm the night of the accident so I could make an insurance claim.
I did consider speeding along Great North Road to get their attention but decided against it.

That same night a couple driving home from the gym in Christchurch were not so lucky and were killed in a different police pursuit. Time to review the protocol.
Now for something more uplifting, thanks Nature for this beautiful sunrise.


3 comments:

That'll do said...

Geeeez! Glad you're OK. Can't believe the police haven't contacted you?! Rude.

Dramatic pictures - well done.

cherbrow said...

Scary and yes pleased that you are fine. Lovely dawn (?) pic.

Anonymous said...

Not a pleasant experience ... glad that you had a sunset to compensate. My only encounter with what got termed as an accident didn't end as bright http://chhayapath.blogspot.com/2010/07/not-grain-in-his-stomach.html