Monday, January 10, 2011

No snaps, no news, no life?

Hammy New Year to you! Actually it has been a very hammy and desserty holiday up until today which started with a strict walk and no dawdling to shift some of that ham and dessert. 'It's not what you do one day, it's what you do every day' so I am in for a lifetime of walking!

In this house there are no cameras and so there are no snaps to share until Tower insurance send me a letter. Good things take time and I have been waiting a while now. Oh well better get some perspective, at least I haven't been in an earthquake and had my house demolished.

So if you can't see what I have been doing
does that mean that I haven't been doing anything
or does it mean that what I do doesn't count
unless I can show you?

I think it means that I prefer to put up a snap and a sentence or two rather than rabbit on about My Holiday.

MH started with a very warm, relaxed Xmas at the beach with family which involved getting the new togs full of sand boogie boarding at Ohiwa and the treasures of the Opotiki retro shop. I can't go on in that linear way so here are some other stars; the Mercer cheese shop which deserves a whole entry of its own, the fabulous dinner at The Chateau which rescued the formulaic 'welcome' from the terminally disinterested receptionist who seemed to be having a tiff with the porter, the foresty drive home along the edge of Lake Taupo with a quick dash past Tok and Tirau to Hamilton and home on the expressway.

What is the difference between a motorway and an expressway anyhow?

Wellington was eating and drinking on the new deck and marvelling at the Brian Brake exhibition at Te Papa with a number of other touristic things to entertain the Netherlander in our midst.

And did I mention New Plymouth? Catching fish, walking the entire walkway in the sunshine and seeing the fairy lights at Pukekura Park. No. Well I did them all.

Thanks to everyone for making it all so great, a wonderful start to the year which kicks off with three of our households moving. Spooky. It is obviously time for shifting.

4 comments:

slaggybuttonit said...

Expressway allows bicycles; motorway does not.

afraid said...

Expressway is fuelled by bollocks; motorway... uh, is fuelled by older bollocks.

(Don't listen to me on that one.)

I too will be shifting house around the end of Jan, though unfortunately not to Wellington like most normal people... one day.

cherbrow said...

It was lovely to participate in many parts of your new year.God luck shifting.

cherbrow said...

It was lovely to participate in many parts of your new year.God luck shifting.