Saturday, April 02, 2011

Mellow fruitfulness and all that

Down on the flood plain of 'The Water Runs Through it' formerly known as the bach, there are loads of leaves from the two poplars which may once have been a fence line. There are a few leaf haters out there I realise but I love them. Deciduous trees drop their leaves and reveal as much light as possible and perhaps more of the neighbours across the ditch in the winter. I just wish I could rake them into little mounds and set fire to them and then go indoors and eat chestnuts or knit something complicated by a fireside. Autumn brings out the cosy or gezellig in me. I have not gone down the preserves road although there has been baking. The days are still warm and there is enough political intrigue and good cricket to keep everyone amused.

It has been a long time since the last post and in typical Kiwi fashion I make my re-entry talking about the weather. I attribute this to my dad who wrote diary entries which were about nothing but the weather. He also had a few pinups which were not trees or leaves.


Soon it will be the school holidays and time to write a few more entries which may progress beyond the weather and move on to people and places.





1 comment:

afraid said...

Looking forward to the next one...