Friday, July 22, 2011

Going to New York

Yes well here we are in July already already which means that I am one year older and that it is winter and the school holidays. This added up to the need to GO OUT in Nature and take in some art as well.



Here is some manicured nature outside the window of the Pah Homestead.
To get inside, number three son and I bravely walked around the building from the car park. He was back from warmer climes and looked resolute but frozen by the time we battled our way through the brisk breeze.



I wore wollen dress, cashmere coat and scarf so found it more thrilling than chilling. There is only one entrance and it is not at the top of the steps in my snap. Go figure!


Thanks Toss, love your work.

Going arting at this grand restored house was a little fraught as I was so alarmed at their hectic website that I did not look for the opening hours. After all - who closes at 3pm on a week day in the holidays?? Yep, you got it.
There is a silver lining to this cloudy tale as we lucked into a screening of 'Bill Cunningham's New York' in a gorgeous setting in Dominion Road.

..and this is the story of how I went to New York for my birthday.

1 comment:

cherbrow said...

sounds like fun new york new york ......