Here is an inherited and brilliant recipe from Biddy in England. It is ridiculously simple to make with none of the usual cutting, shredding and so on. Try it and see.
Biddy’s Marvellous Marmalade
2 litres water
4lbs grapefruit (approx 4 big ones)
- Scrub fruit
- Put in a saucepan with the water and boil slowly with the lid on until the fruit is soft (about 2-3 hours)
- Take out the fruit and cut up with the knife and fork – liquid will run everywhere so watch out!
- Measure liquid in pan and make up to 1 and a half litres
- Add sugar and fruit
- Bring slowly to the boil and dissolve sugar
- Then boil fast for 20 – 30 minutes, adding the juice of the 2 lemons about half way through
- Pour into sterilised jars